Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Pinocchio 1040 script

We are introduced to the story by Jiminy Cricket. He takes us into the shop of Geppetto, carpenter and puppet-maker. Jiminy hopes to have the chance merely to settle down on the hearth but, as he is doing so, Geppetto and his kitten, Figaro, appear. Jiminy watches as Geppetto puts the final touches to his best puppet to date. The question arises as to the puppet’s name: Geppetto suggests Pinocchio but neither Figaro nor the goldfish Cleo like that.
Off singing voice: When you wish upon a star
makes no difference who you are anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dream no request is too extreme when you wish upon a star as dreamers do

Fate is kind she brings to those who love the sweet fulfillment of their secret longing

Jiminy: Pretty, huh? I’ll bet a lot of you folks don’t believe that, about a wish coming true, do you? Well, I didn’t. Of course I’m just a cricket singing my way from hearth to hearth but… let me tell you what made me change my mind he opens a book entitled “Pinocchio” One night, a long time… ahem. Pardon me. Wait’ll I fix this thing. There. One night a long time ago… my travels took me to a quaint little village. It was a beautiful night. The stars were shining like diamonds high above the roofs of that sleepy old town. Pretty as a picture. As I wandered along the crooked streets there wasn’t a soul to be seen. The only sign of life was a lighted window in the shop of a wood-carver named… Geppetto. So I hopped over and looked in. It was a shame to see a nice cheerful fire like that going to waste. So what do I do? I go in! I looked around. Of course, being in a strange place like that I didn’t know what to expect. A cricket can’t be too careful, you know. Soon as I saw there was no one about I made myself at home. As I stood there warming my… myself I took a look around. Well sir, you never saw such a place. The most fantastic clocks you ever laid your eyes on and all carved out of wood. And cute little music boxes, each one a work of art. And shelf after shelf of toys and… and then something else caught my eye. A puppet! You know, one of those marionette things, all strings and joints chuckle Cute little fellow. Ding, ding. Going up? Good piece of wood too.
GEPPETTO: Well now, it won’t take much longer.
Figaro: Meow
Geppetto: Just a little more paint and he’s all finished. I think he’ll be al right, don’t you, Figaro?
Figaro: Purr.
Geppetto: humming Tra, la, la
Jiminy: Ahh! Beg pardon.
Geppetto: See chuckle That makes a big difference.
Jiminy: Ver-r-ry good! Very, very good. Well, you can’t please everybody.
Geppetto: Now I have just the name for you: Pinocchio! Do you like it, Figaro? No? You do, don’t you Cleo? Well, we’ll leave it to little woodenhead. You like it? That settles it! Pinocchio it is! Come on, now, we’ll try you out. Music Professor! He works the puppet’s strings so that it nods “yes”. Geppetto pushes the button of a music box. Then, by working his strings Geppetto makes Pinocchio dance
Jiminy Cricket Hey! Ouch, ouch! Take it easy there! Oh, break it up, will you? Whew! Lotta down beats in there.
Geppetto: humming Little woodenheadgo play your partbring a little joyto every heart
little do you know and yet it's true that I'm mighty proud of you Little wooden feet and best of all little wooden seat in case your fall Oh no! how graceful! my little woodenhead Cleo, meet Pinocchio. Say, "How do you do?". Say hello to Figaro. Oops! oh oh no! up to mischief already. You see what happens? Boo!. Up we go! Ah, you’re a cute little fellow.

Figaro: Meow, purr, purr.
Geppetto: And that smile! You know I---
Figaro: Meow.
Geppetto: You rascal! Jealous, huh? You know Pinocchio I think Figaro is jealous of you. Oh, don’t worry Figaro. I sti--- clocks chiming Uh-oh. I wander what time is it. It’s getting late. Come now. We go to bed. Good night, Pinocchio. Little funny face. Good night, Cleo, my little water baby. Figari? You say good night too. Go on! Now go to sleep, my little mermaid. Good night.
Jiminy: Oh hum yawning This is my idea of comfort. Solid comfort.
Geppetto: chuckling Look at him, Figaro. He almost looks alive. Wouldn’t it be nice if he was a real boy? Oh, well. Come on. We go to sleep. Ah Figaro, I forgot to open the window. Oh Figaro! Look, look the wishing star! Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight I wish I may. I wish I might, have the wish I make tonight. Figaro, you know what I wished? I wished that my little Pinocchio might be a real boy! Wouldn’t that be nice? Just think, a real boy.
Jiminy: A very lovely thought, but not at all practical.
Geppetto: … a real… boy snoring
Jiminy Cricket can’t sleep because of the clocks’ noise and Geppetto’s roar. That night when everyone was sound sleep the Blue Fairy comes down from her star.
Jiminy: Quiet! After all, enough’s enough. Now what’s up? he sees a strange light, a brilliant glow which grows more dazzling every minute. It is the Wishing Star Hey, what’s going on here? in the center of the glow appears a very beautiful woman dressed in robes of flowing blue As I live and breathe, a fairy! Mmm-mmm.
Blue Fairy: Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true. Little puppet made of pine wake the wand touches Pinocchio The gift of life is tine Pinocchio comes to life.
Jiminy: Whew! What they can’t do these days.
Pinocchio: blinking his eyes and raising his wooden arm I can move! I can talk! I can walk!
Blue Fairy: Yes Pinocchio, I’ve given you life.
Pinocchio: Why?
Blue Fairy: Because tonight Geppetto wished for a real boy.
Pinocchio: Am I a real boy? he asks in amazement
Blue Fairy: No, Pinocchio. To make Geppetto’s wish come true will be enterely up to you.
Pinocchio: Up to me?
Blue Fairy: Prove yourself brave, truthful and unselfish, and someday you will be a real boy.
Pinocchio: A real boy!
Jiminy: That won’t be easy.
Blue Fairy: You must learn to chose between right and wrong.
Pinocchio: Right… and wrong? looking his hands But how will I know?
Jiminy: How’ll he know!
Blue Fairy: Your conscience will tell you.
Pinocchio: What are a conscience?
Jiminy: What are a conscience! I’ll tell ya! A conscience is that still small voice people won’t listen to. That’s just the trouble with the world today.
Pinocchio: Are you my conscience?
Jiminy: Who, me?
Blue Fairy: Hmmm. Would you like to be Pinocchio’s conscience?
Jiminy: embarrassed Well… uh, I, I--- Uh-huh.
Blue Fairy: Very well! What is your name?
Jiminy: Oh, Cricket’s the name. Jiminy Cricket.
Blue Fairy: Kneel, Mr. Cricket.
Jiminy: Huh? No tricks now.
Blue Fairy: I dub you Pinocchio’s conscience. Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in moments of temptation and guide along the straight and narrow path. Arise, Sir Jiminy Cricket.
Jiminy: Well! Ho-ho-ho! My,my! when he rises his shabby old clothes are gone and he’s clad in elegant raiment from head to foot Mmm! Say, that’s pretty swell. Gee… thanks! But… don’t I get a badge or something?
Blue Fairy: We’ll see
Jiminy: You mean maybe I will?
Blue Fairy: I shouldn’t wander.
Jiminy: Make it a gold one?
Blue Fairy: Maybe. Now remember, Pinocchio, be a good boy. And always let your conscience be your guide the Blue Fairy backs slowly away
Jiminy: Goodbye Milady.
Pinocchio: Goodbye.
Jiminy: humming Not bad, says I Oh yeah! Ho-ho-ho! Almost forgot about you. Well, Pinoke, maybe you and I… had better have a little heart-to-heart talk.
Pinocchio: Why?
Jiminy: Well, you want to be a real boy, don’t you?
Pinocchio: Aha!
Jiminy: All right. Sit down, son. Now you see the world is full of temptations.
Pinocchio: Temptations.
Jiminy: Yep! Temptations. They’re the wrong things that seem right at the time but… even though the right things may seem wrong sometimes, sometimes the wrong things chuckles may be right at the wrong time or… visa versa. Ahem. Understand?
Pinocchio: Uh-uh. But I’m gonna do right!
Jiminy: Atta boy, Pinoke, and I’m gonna help ya! And anytime you need me, you know, just whistle like this whistle
Pinocchio: Like this? he tries but no sound comes
Jiminy: No, no, try it again, Pinoke.
Pinocchio: Like this?
Jiminy: No son. Now listen whistling Pinocchio tries again and finally he successes That’s it! Come on, let’s sing it!When you get in trouble andyou don't know right from wrong
give a little whistle! give a little whistle! when you meet temptation and the urge is very strong give a little whistle! give a little whistle!

not just a little squeak, pucker up and blow and if your whistle's weak, yell

Pinocchio: Jiminy Cricket!
Jiminy: Right!
Take the straight and narrow path and if you start to slide give a little whistle! give a little whistle! and always let your conscience be your guide

Take the straight and narrow path and if you start to slide give a little whistle! give a little whistle!

Take the straight and narrow path and if you start to slide give a little whistle! give a little whistle!

Take the straight and narrow path and if you start to slide give a little whistle! give a little whistle!

Pinocchio: and always let your conscience be your guide
JIMINY: Look out, Pinoke! Pinocchio loos his balance and falls clatteringly to the floor. The noise wakes Geppetto and Figaro
Geppetto: Who is there?
Pinocchio: It’s me.
Geppetto: Ahh! It’s me. Huh? Shhh, Figaro! There’s somebody in here.
Figaro: Meow
Geppetto: Shh! Careful now, Figaro. He might spring out on us at anytime. He’s in here, somewhere.
Pinocchio: Here I am.
Geppetto: He notices his puppet Ohh! Pinocchio! How did you get down here?
Pinocchio: I fell down.
Geppetto: Oh you did. Ohh! You are talking!
Pinocchio: Uh-huh!
Geppetto: No, no, no, no!
Pinocchio: Yes and I can move too!
Geppetto: No, no you can’t. I’m dreaming in my sleep! Oh, wake me up! Wake me up! Now we see who’s dreaming. Go on… say something.
Pinocchio: Gee. Yo’re funny. Do it again!
Geppetto: You do talk!
Pinocchio: Yes! The Blue Fairy came.
Geppetto: The Blue Fairy?
Pinocchio: Uh-huh, and I got a conscience.
Geppetto: A conscience?
Pinocchio: And someday… I’m gonna be a real boy!
Geppetto: A real boy! It’s my wish, it’s come true! Figaro look! He’s alive, he can talk! Say hello to Figaro.
Pinocchio: Hello to Figaro.
Geppetto: Oh Cleo! I almost forgot. Look, it’s Pinocchio! She’s my little water baby. Isn’t she cute?
Pinocchio: Yeah, cute! Cleo jumps and kiss him and Figaro too
Geppetto: Ha-ha! This calls for a celebration! Music! You start one, Pinocchio. Tra, la la la la la, tra, la la la la la
Jiminy: Oh boy, a party! to a clock’s doll Mind if I cut in? Whoops! Hey! Whoa! Lemme out! Lemme out!
Geppetto: humming and dancing Come, Cleo, join the party! Dance!
Pinocchio: seeing a candle Ooo nice!
Geppetto: Tra la la la la gathering toys., tra la la la for my little boy, tra la la la la His arms are full with playthings
Pinocchio: he thinks the light is pretty and one of his fingers catches fire Look… pretty!
Geppetto: Oh! Help! Ohh where’s the bucket? Help! Water!
Jiminy: Here it is! I got it! Here’s water. Here’s some water.
Geppetto: Help! Where’s water? He plungs the burning finger into Cleo’s bowl That was close. Maybe we better go to bed before something else happens.
Jiminy: Little man, you’ve had a busy night yawns
Geppetto: Now, close your eyes and go to sleep.
Pinocchio: Why?
Geppetto: Oh, everybody has to sleep. Figaro goes to sleep and Cleo and besides tomorrow you’ve got to school.
Pinocchio: Why?
Geppetto: Oh to learn things and get smart.
Pinocchio: Why?
Geppetto: Ahh… because…
Pinocchio: Oh.
Next morning. The school bells ring out over the village. All the boys are going to school and so Pinocchio.
Pinocchio: Oh look father, look! he’s impatient
Geppetto: Wait! Stand still now.
Pinocchio: What are those?
Geppetto: Huh? Oh those! They are your schoolmates, girls and boys, now…
Pinocchio: Real boys?
Geppetto: Yes? But hurry now. Oh wait, wait! Here’s an apple for the teacher. Now turn around and let me look you over. Heh, heh Figaro appears tugging at the strap which held Pinocchio’s school books Huh? Oh yeah, yeah. Here. Run along now Figaro follows Pinocchio Ho-ho-ho wait, wait. Come back here, Figaro. School is not for you.
Pinocchio: Goodbye father!
Geppetto: Goodbye son! Hurry back! Tra la la la.
Honest John: Ah, Gideon, listen. The merry laughter of little innocent children wending their way to school; thirsty little minds rushing to the fountain of knowledge, ha-ha! School, a noble institution. What would this stupid would be without… they have stopped in front of a poster announcing Stomboli’s marionettes Well! Well! Well! Stromboli! So that old rascal’s back in town, eh? Ha-ha-ha. Remeber, Giddy, the time I tied strings on you and passed you off as a puppet? Gideon nods Ha-ha-ha-ha. We nearly put one over on that old gipsy that time! Ha-ha-ha They meet Pinocchio A little wooden boy. Now who… A wooden boy! They run after Pinocchio Look, Giddy, look. It’s amazing! A live puppet without strings they can’t believe their eyes A thing like that ought to be worth a fortune to someone. Now let me see. That’s it! Stromboli! Why that old faker would give his--- listen. If we play our cards right we’ll be on easy street or my name isn’t Honest John. Quick! We’ll head him off When Pinocchio passes, Honest John puts out his cane and the puppet trippes and falls Shhh! Now is our--- to Gideon No, no stupid. Don’t be crude. Let me handle this. Here he comes. Ah yes, Giddy, as I was saying to the Duchess only yesterday…. Oh! Oh how clumsy of me! My, my, my, my. Oh, I’m terribly sorry. I do hope you’re not injured.
Pinocchio: I’m all right.
Honest John: Ah, splendid! Well, well. Quite a scholar, I see. Look Giddy, a man of letters. Here’s your book.
Pinocchio: I’m going to school
Honest John: School! Ah, yes. Then you haven’t heard of the easy road to success.
Pinocchio: Uh-huh.
Honest John: No? I’m speaking my boy, of the theatre! Here’s your apple. Bright lights, music, applause! Fame!
Pinocchio: Fame?
Honest John: Yes? And with that personality, that profile, that physique… why! He’s a natural born actor, eh Giddy? he nods
Pinocchio: But I’m going…
Honest John: Straight to the top. Why, I can see your name in lights, lights six feet high. Uh, what is your name?
Pinocchio: Pinocchio.
Honest John: Pinocchio! P-I-N-U-O- uh, ha-ha, we’re wasting precious time. Come on to the theatre!
Hi-diddle-dee-dee and actor's life for me a high silk hat and silver cane a watch of gold with a diamond chain

Hi-diddle-dee-dee and actor's life for me it's great to be a celebrity an actor's life for me

Jiminy: running Whew! Fine conscience I turned out to be! Late the first day! Oh well, he can’t get in much trouble between here and school.
HONEST JOHN: Ta dum diddle dee dum
ti dee un dee dumm…

Jiminy: Oh boy, a parade
Pinocchio & Honest John: Hi-diddle-dee-dee
and actor's life for me

Jiminy: Huh?
Honest John: a wax mustache and a beaver coat
a pony cart and a billy goat

Jiminy: Why it's… it's Pinoke! Hey where you going?
Honest John: Hi-diddle-dee-dee
and actor's life is fun you wear your hair in a pompadour

Jiminy: Wait!
Honest John: you ride around in a coach and four
you stop and buy out a candy store

Jiminy: Halt!
Honest John: an actor's life for me!
Jiminy: Hold on there! Pinoke!
Honest John: Hi-diddle-dee-dee
and actor's life for me with clothes that come from the finest shop and lots of peanuts and soda pop Jiminy whistles to take attraction What was that?

Pinocchio: Oh it's Jiminy! What are you doin' up there?
Honest John: Uh? who? what? Jimminy? up where?
Jiminy: Shh to Gideon
Honest John: But my boy you must be seeing things
Pinocchio: Oh no, that's my conscience
Honest John: Now, now, now, just calm down. Why there's nothing up there to be afraid of.
Jiminy: Shh, Pinoke, over here
Pinocchio: Oh Jimminy, I'm gonna be an actor
Jiminy: All right son, take it easy now. Remember, what I said about temptation? aha. Well, that's him.
Pinocchio: Oh no Jiminy, that's Mr. Honest John!
Jiminy: Honest John?
Honest John: Get me outta here! Oooh!
Jiminy: All right then. Here’s what we’ll tell’em. You can’t go to the theatre. Say “thank you just the same” You’re sorry but you’ve got to school.
Pinocchio: Mm-hmm.
HONEST JOHN: Pinocchio? Oh Pinocchio! Woo-hoo.
Jiminy: Here they come. Now you tell ‘em.
Honest John: Woo-hoo! Oh little boy! There you are! Where were we? Ah yes… on to the theatre!
Pinocchio: Goodbye Jiminy. Goodbye! he goes with his new friends
Jiminy: Huh? Goodbye?
Honest John: Hi diddle-dee-dee
an actor's life for me

Jiminy: Hey, Pinoke, you can’t go!
Honest John a high silk hat and a silver cane
a watch of gold with a diamond chain

Hi-diddle-dee-dee and actor's life for me it's great to be a celebrity an actor's life for me

Jiminy: What’ll I do? I’ll run and tell his father. No that’d be snitching. I’ll go after him myself.
Sromboli’s marionette show
Stromboli: Ladies and gentlemen, to conclude the performance of this great show Stromboli, the master showman, that’s a-me. And by special permission of the management, that’s a-me too, is presenting to you something you will absolutely refuse to believe!
Jiminy: Well, looks like a sellout
Stromboli: Introducing the only marionette-a can a-sing and a-dance absolutely without the aids of a-strings to himself I hope-a so. The one… and only…Pinocchio! Applause
Jiminy: Hmmph! What a buildup.
The scenary is open an a focus lights Pinocchio at the top of a stair.
Pinocchio: I've got no strings
to hold me down he falls by the steps and everybody laughs

Jiminy: angrily Go ahead… make a fool of yourself! Then maybe you’ll listen to your conscience.
Stromboli: angry and murmuring in Italian Cute kid. Heh-heh-heh.
Pinocchio: I’ve got no strings
To hold me down to make me free, or make me frown I had strings but now I'm free there no are strings on me

Hi ho the me-rri-o that's the only way to be I want the world to know nothing ever worries me

Stromboli: What I told you, huh? Ha-ha-ha!
Pinocchio: I've got no strings
so I have fun I'm not tied up to anyone they've got strings but you can see there are no strings on me

Dutch puppet: You have no strings
your arms is free to love me by the Zuider Zee Ya, ya, ya if you would woo I'd bust my strings for you

French puppet: You've got no strings
Comme çi comme ça your savoir-faire is ooh la la! I've got strings but entre nous I'd cut my strings for you

Russian puppet: Down where the Volga flows
There's a Russian rendezvous where me and Ivan go but I'd rather go with you, hey!

Cossacks: Hey! Hey! Hey! Pinocchio imitates their danceHey! Hey! Hey!
Pinocchio: Hey! There are no strings on me! laughter
Jiminy: Huh? They like him. He’s a success. Gosh! Maybe I was wrong. Well, guess he won’t need me any more. What does an actor want with a conscience anyway.
Night. Geppetto’s home. He has cooked a delicious supper in Pinocchio’s honor.
Geppetto: What could have happened to him? Where could he be at this hour? I’d better go out again and look for him. And remember, nobody eats a bite… until I find him he goes out and Figaro sees his opportunity to eat his meal, but Cleo gurgles remembering their promise
Stromboli’s carriage.
STROMBOLI: I got no-strings
But I got-a the brain I buy a new suit And I swing-a the cane I eat-a the best And I drink-a champagne I got no-strings on me Ha-ha-ha He’s counting the money Bravo Pinocchio!

Pinocchio: They like me!
Stromboli: Mmm! 200! You are sensational!
Pinocchio: You mean, I’m good?
Stromboli: Ahhh! 300! You are colossal!
Pinocchio: Does that mean I’m an actor?
Stromboli: Sure! I will push you in the public’s eye your face, she will be on everybody’s tongue.
Pinocchio: Will she?
Stromboli: Ye--- uh? he takes a coin what’s this? grumbling and mutering in Italian Ahhh! he takes de false coin and gives to PinocchioFor you my little Pinocchio.
Pinocchio: For me? Gee, thanks! I’ll run right home and tell my father.
Stromboli: coughing Home? Oh sure. Going home to your father. Oh, ha-ha-ha. Oh that is very “comeecal”
Pinocchio: You mean it’s funny?
Stromboli: Ah, ha-ha-ha Sure! Yes.
Pinocchio: I’ll be back in the morning.
Stromboli: Be back in the morning! mumbling Going home? Pinocchio laughs thinking he has said something funny but Stromboli puts him in a bird cage There, this will be your home where I can find you always!
Pinocchio: No, no, no!
Stromboli: Yes, yes, yes! To me… you are belonging. We will tour the world. Paris, London, Monte Carlo, “Constantinopolee”…
Pinocchio: No, no!
Stromboli: Yes! We start tonight! Mmmm. You will make lots of money… for me! And when you are growing much too old you will make good firewood! laughs
Pinocchio: Let me outta here! I can’t be here, you can’t keep me!
Stromboli: Quiet! Shut up! Before I knock-a you silly! now sweetly Good night, my little wooden gold mine. Ha-ha-ha he slams the door
Pinocchio: No! No, wait! Let me out! I'll teel my father! 
The carriage begins moving
STOMBOLI: Giddyap! Get along there.
Pinocchio: Jiminy! Oh Jiminy! whistle Jiminy, where are you? whistle Jiminy Cricket! sobbing
Not too far away Jiminy Cricket’s still thinking in Pinocchio.
Jiminy: Well, there he goes. Sitting in the lap of luxury, the world at his feet. Oh well, I can always say “I knew him when”. I’ll just go out of his life quietly. I would like to wish him luck though. Sure! Why not? he runs after the carriage Pinocchio! Pinocchio! It’s me! Your old friend, Jiminy Cricket!
Pinocchio: Jiminy! Gee, I’m glad to see ya!
Jiminy: Pinocchio, what’s happened? What did he do to ya?
Pinocchio: Oh, he was mad. He said he was gonna push my face in everybody’s eye.
Jiminy: Yeah?
Pinocchio: And just ‘cause I’m a goldbrick he’s gonna chop me into firewood!
Jiminy: Oh, is that so? Now don’t you worry, son. I’ll have you outta here in no time at all. Why this is just as easy as rolling off a… umph! clanking Kinda rusty. Needs a little oil.
Echo Needs a little oil… Needs a little oil…
Jiminy: That’s what I said. Woo-hoo-hoo! Must be one of the old models.
Pinocchio: You mean you can’t open it?
Jiminy: Yeah. Looks pretty hopeless. It’ll take a miracle to get us outta here.
Pinocchio: Gee.
Meanwhile Geppetto continues looking for Pinocchio in the rain.
Geppetto: Pinocchio? Pinocchio!
STROMBOLI: Giddy up! mumbling
Geppetto: Pinocch---he has been so close to Pinocchio but he doesn’t know; thunder and lightning sound before he shouts "Pinocchio!"
Inside the carriage.
Jiminy: A fine conscience I turned out to be.
Pinocchio: crying I should-a listened to you, Jiminy.
Jiminy: No, it was my fault. I shouldn’t have walked out on you.
Pinocchio: Guess I’ll never see my father again.
Jiminy: Oh, buck up, son. It could be worse. Be cheerful… like me! Aw, take it easy son. Come on, blow. Atta boy. Oh well, it stopped raining anyway. Hey, that star again! The lady! The Fairy! the star shines through the clouds
Pinocchio: What’ll she say? What’ll I tell her?
Jiminy: You might tell her the truth.
Blue Fairy: Why, Pinocchio!
Pinocchio: Uh… hello!
Blue Fairy: Sir Jiminy!
Jiminy: Well! Excuse me. This is a pleasant surprise! Ha-ha!
Blue Fairy: Pinocchio, why didn’t you go to school?
Pinocchio: School? Well I… hesitates
Jiminy: Go ahead, tell her.
Pinocchio: I was going to school ‘til I met somebody.
Blue Fairy: Met somebody?
Pinocchio: Yeah. Two big monsters! With big green eyes his nose begins to grow Why I…
Blue Fairy: Monsters? Weren’t you afraid?
Pinocchio: No ma’am, but they tied me in a big sack.
Blue Fairy: You don’t say! Pinocchio nods And where was Sir Jiminy?
Pinocchio: Uh? Jiminy?
Jiminy: Psst. Leave outta this.
Pinocchio: the more he embroideres his adventures, the more his nose grows They put him in a little sack.
Blue Fairy: No!
Pinocchio: Yeah!
Blue Fairy: How did you escape?
Pinocchio: I didn’t. They chopped me into firewood! Oh, oh! Look! My nose! What’s happened?
Blue Fairy: Perhaps you haven’t been telling the truth, Pinocchio.
Jiminy: Perhaps?
Pinocchio: Oh, but I have! Every single word! Oh please help me! I’m awful sorry.
Blue Fairy: You see, Pinocchio, a lie keeps growing and growing until it’s as plain as the nose on your face.
Jiminy: She’s right Pinoke, you better come clean.
Pinocchio: I’ll never lie again, honest. I won’t.
Jiminy: Please Your Honour, uh, I mean… Miss Fairy. Give him another chance for my sake. Will ya? Huh?
Blue Fairy: I’ll forgive you this once, but remember, a boy who won’t be good might just as web be made of wood.
Pinocchio & Jiminy Cricket: We’ll be good, won’t we?
Blue Fairy: Very well, but this is the last time I can help you she touches the cage with her wand and Pinocchio is free
Pinocchio: Gee, look, Jiminy! My nose!
Jiminy: Hey, we’re free. Come on, Pinoke.
STROMBOLI: I buy-a new suit
And I swuing-a the cane I eat-a the fish And I drink-a champagne

Jiminy: Toodle-ooo, Stromboli.
Pinocchio: Goodbye Mr. Stromboli!
Jiminy: Shhh! Quiet! Let’s get outta here before something else happens.
The Red Lobster Inn. Honest John and Gideon are relating their business with Stromboli.
HONEST JOHN: Hi-diddle-dee-dee
and actor's life for me a high silk hat and silver cane a watch of gold with a diamond chain

Hi-diddle-dee-dee and actor's life is gay it's great to be a celebrity an actor's life for me Ha-ha-ha and the dummy fell for it. Ha ha! Hook, line and sinker! Ho-ho-ha ha!

Gideon: Hiccup!
Honest John: And he still thinks we’re his friends! Ha ha ha! And did Stromboli pay! Plenty! wicked laugh That shows you how low Honest John will stoop, eh Giddy?
Gideon: Hiccup!
Honest John: Now, coachman, what’s your proposition?
Coachman: Well, how would you bloques like to make some real money?
Honest John: Well… and who do we have to, eh… making the signal of cutting a head off
Coachman: No! Nothing like that. You see … whispering I’m collecting stupid little boys he peers around to make sure he’s not been overheard
Honest John: Stupid little boys?
Coachman: You know, the disobedient ones that play hooky from school.
Honest John: Ooh!
Coachman: And you see… whispering
Honest John: Yes…
Coachman: … and I takes ‘em to Pleasure Island.
Honest John: Ah, Pleasure Island! Pleasure Island? But the law, suppose they…
Coachman: No, no. There is no risk! They never come back…. As boys! wicked laugh Now, I’ve got a coach load leaving at midnight. We’ll met at the crossroads and no double crossing!
Honest John: No sir!
Coachman: Scout around. Any good prospects you find, bring ‘em to me.
Honest John: Yes chief.
Coachman: I’ll pay you well. I got plenty of gold.
Honest John: Yes, yes.
Pinocchio: No sir, nothing can stop me. I’ll make good this time.
Jiminy: You’d better
Pinocchio: I will, I’m going to school.
Jiminy: That’s the stuff, pinoke.
Pinocchio: I’d rather be smart than be an actor.
Jiminy: Now you’re talkin’! Come on slowpoke, I’ll race ya home!
In the race, Pinocchio meets again Honest John and Gideon, but now with a new offert…
Honest John: Well, well Pinocchio. What’s your rush?
Pinocchio: I gotta beat Jiminy home. Oh hello.
Honest John: Well, how is the great actor?
Pinocchio: I don’t want to be an actor. Stromboli was terrible!
Honest John: He was?
Pinocchio: Yes, he locked me in a bird cage.
Honest John: He did?
Pinocchio: Uh-huh, but I learned my lesson, I’m going---
Honest John: Oh you poor, poor boy. You must be a nervous wreck. That’s it! You are a nervous wreck. Ahem. We must diagnose this case at once. To Gideon Quick, Doctor, your notebook. Bless my soul. Mmm! Mmm-Hmmm! My, my, just as I thought. A slight touch of monetary complications with bucolic semi-lunar contraptions of the flying trapezes. Mm-hmm! Say hippopotamus.
Pinocchio: Hi-ho-hotamus.
Honest John: I knew it! Compound transmission of the pandemonium with percussion and spasmodic frantic disintegration! Close your eyes. What do you see?
Pinocchio: Nothing.
Honest John: Open them. Now what do you see?
Pinocchio: Spots!
Honest John: Ha-ha! Now that heart beating Ooo! My goodness! A palpitating syncopation of the killer diller with a wicky wacky stomping of the floy joy! Quick Doctor, that report. Oh! This makes it perfectly clear. My boy you are allergic.
Pinocchio: Allergic?
Honest John: Yes! And there is only one cure. A vacation… on pleasure Island!
Pinocchio: Pleasure Island?
Honest John: Yes. The happy land of carefree boys where every day is a holiday.
Pinocchio: But I can’t go, I---
Honest John: Why, of course, you can go. I’m giving you my ticket. Here.
Pinocchio: Thanks! But I’m---
Honest John: Oh tut-tut-tut, I insist. Your health comes first. Come, the coach departs at midnight.
Hi-diddle dee dee It’s Pleasure Isle for me Where everyday is holiday And kids have nothing To do but play

Jiminy: Pinoke? Oh Pinoke? Now where do you suppose he--- Huh? Pinocchio! Hey, come back!
To the Pleasure Island.
Lampwick: Giddy up!
Jiminy: coughing Well, here we go again.
Lampwick: My name’s Lampwick. What’s yours?
Pinocchio: Pinocchio.
Lampwick: Ever been to Pleasure Island?
Pinocchio: Uh-uh, but Mr. Honest John gave me---
Lampwick: Me neither, but they say it’s a swell joint; no schools, no cops. You can tear the joint apart and nobody says a word.
Pinocchio: Honest John gave me---
Lampwick: Loaf around, plenty to eat, plenty to drink. And it’s all free!
Pinocchio: Honest John---
Lampwick: Boy that’s the place. I can hardly wait!
The boat arrives to the Island.
Barker: Right here, boys! Right here. Get your cake, pie, dill pickles and ice cream. Eat all you can. Be a glutto. Stuff yourselves. It’s all free, boys. Hurry, hurry, hurry.
Man: The rough house, the rough house. It’s the roughest toughest joint ya ever seen. Come in and pick a fight, boys.
Lampwick: O boy, a scrap! Come on. Let’s go in and poke somebody in the nose.
Pinocchio: Why?
Lampwick: Just for the fun of it.
Pinocchio: Okay, Lampy.
Barker: Tobacco Road. Get your cigars, cigarettes and chewin’ tobacco. Smoke your heads off. There’s nobody here to stop you.
Jiminy: Pinocchio? coughing Pinocchio! There’s something phony about all this. I gotta get him outta here!
Barker: Hurry, hurry, hurry. See the model home. It’s open for destruction and it’s all yours boys!
Lampwick: What did I tell ya? Ain’t this a swell joint?
Pinocchio: Yeah! Being bad’s a lot of fun, ain’t it?
Lampwick: Yeah, uh-huh. Get a load of that stained-glass window.
Coachman: All right now. Hop to it you blokes whip cracking Come on! Come on! Shut the doors and lock ‘em tight. Now get below and get them crates ready. Give a bad boy enough rope and he’ll soon make a jackass of himself wicked laugh.
JIMINY: Pinocchio! Pinocchio? whistle Where is everybody? The place is like a graveyard. I don’t like the looks of this. Pinocchio! Hey where are you?
Pinocchio: Where do you suppose all the kids wnet to, Lampwick?
Lampwick: They’re around here, somewhere. What do you care? You’re havin’ a good time, ain’t ya?
PINOCCHIO: Uh-huh, I sure am.
Lampwick: Oh boy! This is life, huh, Pinoky?
Pinocchio: Yeah! It sure is!
Lampwick: Ah, you smoke like me grandmother! Come on, take a big drag, like this.
Pinocchio: Okay Lampy.
LAMPWICK: Hey, some fun, huh, kid? Pinocchio nods Okay, slats, your shot. What’s the matter slats? Losing your grip?
JIMINY: shouting Pinocchio! So this is where I find you! How do you ever expect to be a real boy? Look at yourself… smoking, playing pool! Oww! You’re comin’ right home with me, this minute!
Lampwick: Hey… who’s the beetle?
Jiminy: Let go! Put me down muffled Let me out!
PINOCCHIO: He’s not a beetle. He’s my conscience! He tells me what’s right and wrong.
Lampwick: What? You mean you take orders from a grasshopper?
Jiminy: Grasshopper? You impudent young pup! It wouldn’t hurt you to take orders from your grasshop--- your conscience, if you have one.
Lampwick: Yeah, yeah, sure. Screwball in the corner pocket.
Jiminy: Woo-hoo-oo
Lampwick: Ha-ha-.ha!
Jiminy: Why, why--- ya young hoodlum! I’ll nock your block off! I’ll take you apart and---
Pinocchio: Oh don’t hurt him, Jiminy. He’s my best friend.
Jiminy: Why, I’ll--- your best friend? And what am I? Just your conscience! Okay. That settles it!
Pinocchio: But Jiminy?
Jiminy: You buttered your bread, now sleep in it! Ha ha ha! Go on, laugh. Make a jackass outta yourself. I’m through! This is the end!
PINOCCHIO: But Jiminy? Lampwick says a guy only lives once.
Jiminy: Lampwick…. Hmph!
Lampwick: Come on, come on. Let him go.
Jiminy: Lampwick…. Humph! Lampwick! It’s burns me up. After all I tried to do for him. Who’s his conscience anyway? Me or that hoodlum, Lampwick? I’ve had enough of this. I’m taking the next boat outta here. Open up that door! I wanna go home!
Another part of the Island
Donkey: Hee-haw! Hee-haw!
COACHMAN: Come on, you blokes, keep ‘em moving! Lively there now. We haven’t got all night.
Jiminy: Where’d all the donkeys come from?
Coachman: Come on, come on. Let’s have another. And what might your name be?
Donkey: Haw-hee!
Coachman: Okay, you’ll do! In you go! You boys’ll bring a nice price! All right. Next! And what's your name?
Alexander: Alexander.
Coachman: Hmmm. So you can talk!
Alexander: Yes sir. I wanna go home to my mama!
Coachman: Take him back! He still talks!
Alexander: Please, please! I refuse to be a donkey!
Donkeys: Let me outta here!
Coachman: like Carface from "All Dogs Go To Heaven" (1989) Shut up! You boys have had your fun. Now pay for it!
Jiminy: Boys? So that’s what…. Pinocchio!
Lampwick: Huh! To hear that beetle talk… you’d think somethin’ was gonna happen to us appears donkey’s ears Conscience! Aw, phooey! now a tail Where’s he get that stuff? How do you ever expect to be a real boy? What’s he think I look like? Now his head is a donkey’s one A jackass?
PINOCCHIO: You sure do! Ha-ha, Hee-haw! Hee-haw!
Lampwick: Hey, you laugh like a donkey. Ha-ha Hee-haw! Did that come outta me? Pinocchio nods Oh! Huh? What the--- What’s going on? he looks in the mirror Aaaahh! I’ve been double-crossed! Help! Help! Somebody, help! I’ve been framed! Help! Please, you gotta help me. Be a pal! Call that beetle. Call anybody! Mama? Mama! Hee-haw! Hee-haw! Hee-haw! Hee-haw! Now he’s a real donkey
Pinocchio: He has donkey’s ears Oh! What’s happened?
Jiminy: I hope I’m not too late.
Pinocchio: What’ll I do? He has a tail too
Jiminy: Pinocchio!
Pinocchio: Jiminy! Oh Jiminy help!
Jiminy: Pinoke, the kids, the boys, they’re all donkeys! Oh, you too! Come on, quick! Before you get any worse. This way Pinoke. It’s the only way out! Hurry up… before they see us! You gotta jump! they jump and arrive to the beach
Pinocchio: Jiminy? Jiminy? You all right?
Jiminy: Sure coughs I thought we’d never make it. Certainly feels good to be back on dry land. Come on, let’s get home.
Pinocchio: Father, I’m home!
Jiminy: We’re home, Mr. Geppetto! Home again!
Pinocchio: It’s me, Pinocchio! I’m going to stay bell ringing
Jiminy: Here he is, Mr. Geppetto. Home at last! Hey, maybe he’s asleep.
Pinocchio: Father? Father, it’s me!
Jiminy: Pinoke, come here! Look! He ain’t here
PINOCCHIO: He--- he’s gone.
JIMINY: Yeah, and Figaro.
Pinocchio: And Cleo too. Maybe something awful happened to him.
Jiminy: Don’t worry son. He probably hasn’t gone far a pigeon give ‘em a letter Hey! It’s a message!
Pinocchio: What’s it say?
Jiminy: It’s about your father.
Pinocchio: Where is he?
Jiminy: Why, uh, uh, it says here he, he went looking for you and was swallowed by a whale.
Pinocchio: Swallowed by a whale?
Jiminy: Yeah, uh-huh. A whale! A whale named Monstro! But wait! He’s alive!
Pinocchio: Alive! Where?
Jiminy: Inside the whale at the bottom of the sea.
Pinocchio: Bottom of the sea?
Jiminy: Uh-huh. Hey, where you going?
Pinocchio: I’m going to find him.
Jiminy: Pinoke, are you crazy? Don’t you realize he’s in a whale?
Pinocchio: I’ve gotta go to him.
Jiminy: Hey, Pinoke, wait! Listen, here, son! This Monstro I’ve heard of him. He’s a whale of a whale! He swallows whole ships. Tie it good and tight now. And besides, it’s dangerous, why I…
Pinocchio: Bye, Jiminy.
Jiminy: Goodbye? I may be live bait down there, but I’m with ya. Come on… let’s go. Look out below! Gangway, down there.
Pinocchio: Gee! What a big place. Come on, Jiminy.
Jiminy: All right. Soon as I take on some ballast…to a fish One side, sister. Well… so long. Hmm. Put it in the wrong end. Hmm! No more privacy than a goldfish. Ooo! Chilly.
Pinocchio: Father? Father?
Jiminy: Hery, Pinoke, wait for me!
Pinocchio: Father?
Jiminy: Father? Huh! He ain’t my father. Uh, Mr. Geppetto! Hey! Hey, let’s go! Run along, you little… squirt appears the fish’s father What’s the matter? Can’t a fellow--- I was only… We, were only looking for… Monstro. The fishes disappear quickly That got ‘em.
Pinocchio: Father? Father? Oh! Hello! Oh! Can you tell me where we can find Monstro the whale? See! They’re scared.
Jiminy: To a oyster Pardon me, Pearl. Are you acquainted with Monstro, the whale? Whoa, hold it there. Hump!
Pinocchio: Father?
Jiminy: One side there, son. Come on boys, break it up. Hey! What the--- Whoa, quit shovin’. Don’t crowd. Take it easy there. Whoa there! Steady there, Nellie. Pinoke, ask them.
Pinocchio: Could any of you tell me where to find Monstro?
Jiminy: Whoa! Whoa, boy! Uh sakes alive.
Pinocchio: Father? Father?
Jiminy: Mr. Geppetto?
Monstro. Inside we see Geppetto and Figaro trying to fish
Geppetto: Not a bite for days. We can’t hold out much longer. Ah, ah---ah-choo!
Figaro: Ah-Choo!
Geppetto: I never thought… it would end this way, Figaro. Starving to death in the belly of a whale. My poor little Pinocchio. He was such a good boy. It’s hopeless, Figaro. There isn’t a fish left. If the monster doesn’t wake up soon, I’m afraid we… we are done for. Monstro awakes and open her mouth Here they come! Tuna! Oh, tuna fish! Food! We’ll eat! Here’s a big one! Keep them in there, Figaro!
Pinocchio: Wait! Wait a minute! Have you seen… Monstro!
Jiminy: Ohh! We gotta get outta here. Woo-hoo-hoo! Come on, Pinoke. Don’t wait for me!
Geppetto: Never saw so many! Whoops! Ha-ha-ha-ha! Here’s another one! Enough for weeks! Here’s a big one. Keep them in there, Figaro!
Monstro eats a lot of tuna fishes and among them is Pinocchio. Only Jiminy is outside.
Jiminy: Hey bubbler mouth, open up. I gotta get in there.
Geppetto: Looks like the last of them. Here’s a big one. Only a few left He fishes Pinocchio We gotta work fast.
Pinocchio: Hey!
Geppetto: Here’s another one!
Pinocchio: Hey Father! Father!
Geppetto: Don’t bother me now, Pinocchio. Pi---Pinocchio?
Pinocchio: Father!
Geppetto: Pinocchio, my son! He kisses a tuna fish by mistake
Pinocchio: Father here I am.
Geppetto: Huh? Oh, oh yes! Pinocchio, my boy! I’m so happy to see you.
Pinocchio: Me too, father.
Geppetto: Whoops.
Pinocchio: Figaro! Ah Figaro! Cleo! Oh Cleo! You’re here too.
Geppetto: Yes! We’re all together again!
Pinocchio: Ah-choo!
Geppetto: Oh you are soaking wet.
Pinocchio: Yes father.
Geppetto: You musn’t catch cold.
Pinocchio: But I came to save you.
Geppetto: No, no. You know you shouldn’t have come down.
Pinocchio: But father…
Geppetto: But I’m awfully glad to see you. Let me take your hat off. Oh! He sees his donkey’s ears Pinocchio?
Pinocchio: Wha--- what’s the matter?
Geppetto: Those ears!
Pinocchio: Huh? Ears? Oh these! chuckle Oh that’s nothing. I got a tail too ha-ha Hee-haw!
Geppetto: Pinocchio! What’s happened to you?
Pinocchio: Well, I-I--- I
Geppetto: Oh never mind, now. Old Geppetto has his little woodenhead. Nothing else matters! They embrace each other
Outside.
Jiminy: I gotta get in! My pal’s in there. Come on, ya big moose! Open up, I tell ya! Hey! Cut it out! Some seagulls want to eat him. He hides in a bottle Hey beat it, you buzzards!
Inside.
Geppetto: Get out? Oh no, no, son. I have tried every way. Why, I even built a raft.
Pinocchio: A raft? That’s it!
Geppetto: Huh?
Pinocchio: We¡ll take the raft and when the whale opens his mouth---
Geppetto: No, no, no, no. Now listen, son. He only opens his mouth when he’s eating. Then everything comes in nothing goes out..
Pinocchio: Oh!
Geppetto: Yes, it’s hopeless, Pinocchio. Come, we make a nice fire and we cook some of the fish.
Pinocchio: A fire! That’s it!
Geppetto: Yes! And then we’ll all eat again.
Pinocchio: A great big fire! Lots of smoke!
Geppetto: Smoke? Oh yes, sure. Smoked fish will taste good.
Pinocchio: Quick, some wood!
Geppetto: Pinocchio, not the chair.
Pinocchio: Hurry father, more wood!
Geppetto: What’ll we sit on?
Pinocchio: We won’t need it. We’re getting out!
Geppetto: Getting out? But how?
Pinocchio: We’ll make him sneeze!
Geppetto: Make him sneeze? Oh! That will make him mad!
Monstro: Sniff, sniff, sniff. Ah..ah… ah… ah…
Jiminy: Well, it’s about time! He can enter then
Monstro: Ah… ah… ah...
Geppetto: It won’t work.
Pinocchio: Hurry father! Climb aboard!
Geppetto: We’ll never get by those teeth!
Pinocchio: Yes, we will!
Jiminy: Hey, which way you going? Wait for me!
Pinocchio: Hang on! Here we go!
Monstro: Ah-choo!
Jiminy: Gesundheit.
Monstro: Ah… ah… ah… ah…
Geppetto: We’re going back!
Pinocchio: No, we’ll make it! Faster, faster.
Monstro: Ah… ah… ah…
Geppetto: It’s no use. We’re done for!
Monstro: ..chooo!
Pinocchio: We made it!
Monstro: R-r-roar!
Geppetto: Look! Now he is mad! I hold you: he’d be furious! He’s gone!
Pinocchio: Where’s he go?
Geppetto: Look out! Hang on!
Monstro: Roar!
Pinocchio: He’s coming back! Hurry!
Geppetto: He’s trying to kill us! Paddle, son!
Pinocchio: Let’s go back!
Geppetto: Look out! Jump!
Pinocchio: Father? Father? Oh father!
Geppetto: Pinocchio, swim for shore. Swim for shore.
Pinocchio: Hang on father.
Geppetto: Save… yourself gasping Pinocchio… save yourself. Don’t mind me son. Save yourself… Pinocchio.
Jiminy: Pinocchio? Oh Pinocchio! Pinocchi---
Geppetto’s home. Everybody’s crying. Pinocchio’s body lies in the bed.
Geppetto: My boy. My brave little boy.
BLUE FAIRY: Prove yourself brave, truthful and unselfish and someday you will be a real boy! Awake Pinocchio. Awake.
Pinocchio: Father. Watcha cryin’ for?
Geppetto: Because… you’re dead, Pinocchio.
Pinocchio: No! No. I’m not.!
Geppetto: Yes, yes you are. Now lie down.
Pinocchio: But father, I’m alive. See? And I’m… I’m… I’m real! I’m a real boy!
Geppetto: You’re alive… and… and you are a real boy!
Jiminy: Yeah! Whoopie!
Geppetto: A real live boy! Ha-ha-ha! This calls for a celebration! Professor, lots of music!
Jiminy: Well! This is practically where I came in to the Star Thank you, milady. He deserved to be a real boy. It sure was nice of you to… Huh? Wha--- wh-appears a golden medal Well I’ll be! chuckling my, my! Solid gold too. Oh I think it’s swell!
Off singing voice: When your heart
Is in your dream No request Is too extreme When you wish Upon a star Your dreams come true You’ll find Your dreams come true

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment